The membership of the Regina Outside City Workers’, Local 21 has again given its approval to provide five (5) seven-hundred dollar ($700.00) scholarships to children or wards of our members and members, (three (3) high school and two (2) adult learning) for first year post secondary education.
To qualify for the scholarship, the student must meet the following requirements:
1. The applicant must be a member or dependant of a member in good standing of Local 21.
2. The applicant must be a 1st year post-secondary student.
3. The student must provide proof of registration of the post-secondary institute of their choice.
4. The student must provide a copy of their official grade 12 marks.
5. The applicant must provide the essay as outlined below.
6. All applicants must submit their application to Local 21 on or before December 2, 2019.
7. An applicant can only apply once.
Criteria in which all applicants will be assessed are as follows:
1. Eighty percent (80%) will be based on the average of the grade 12 marks.
2. Twenty percent (20%) will be based on a 250-word essay (1 page) answering the following question:
Why are Unions important to Society?
The essay will not be marked; receipt of essay with the application is all that is required to obtain these points.
The winning scholarship applicant(s) may have their essay published on the Unions website or other Union publications and is the property of Local 21.
Good luck to all applicants.
Application form PDF: