1. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are challenged with making a temporary adjustment on how we conduct our regular Union business, first, the May General Membership meeting is – cancelled.
2. 2020 is an election year, the following Union positions shall be put forward, and they are:
– President (2-year term).
– Secretary Treasurer (2-year term).
– 2nd VP Grievance Chair / Citizen Services Division (2-year term).
– Four (4) Executive at Large (2-year term).
– Two (2) Trustees: One (1) 2-year term & One (1) 1-year term.
3. Nominations will only be accepted on: May 12, 2020 / from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
4. The nominator can submit their nominee’s name via direct email to the Recording Secretary at: email@example.com
5. The nominator shall provide their employee ID and contact number for confirmation.
6. All nominees’ shall be contacted and be informed of their nomination to a position.
7. Nominees’ may accept or reject the nomination via email directly to the Recording Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. If a nominee accepts a nomination they shall provide their employee ID number for confirmation.
9. Any email issues on May 12, 2020, contact the Union office at (306) 352-8282 between 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
10. Confirmed nominators & nominees shall be posted on the Union website.
– The June general membership meeting is an unknown; it may be cancelled due to enforcement of the Public Health capacity restrictions.
– If so, we may be able to conduct our general membership meeting and elections in July.
– We ask that you check the Union website for all updates, meeting notices and alerts (local21.ca).